in your own words

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 20:05:49 -0800

I give each new client, (and sometimes a repeat who lost it!), a copy of
Phillip Gurlick's "The Piano........yada yada". It does several things for
me and the client. It let's the client know that I am serious about my
profession, their piano and their music. It keeps them out of my hair while
I'm tuning the piano, the first time, (usually). It gives a very clear, in
everyday lingo, an explanation about all facets of the care of their piano.
And, it is a ready reference for the client if they have a question, which
saves me buckets of time not having to explain all that stuff, in infinite
detail, over and over and over..........Well, you get the idea.?
I always tell them: "there will be a quiz", (with big grin on my mug). And,
I tell them: "if you have any questions, after you read the book, please
ask." Seems to work for me. It costs about as much as all of the pamphlets
that are available from the Home Office and is in a "solid" form, not beau
coup pieces of paper.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)