How weather affects pianos

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:32:45 -0600

>That's why I ALWAYS record temp/humidity at the time of the tuning.
>

>Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician

Exactly, and why I leave a the record in the piano, so the customer and I
can discover it TOGETHER if I have to go back. Actually, I leave two
records in the piano. A business card on the plate under the music desk in
a grand, or under the lid of a vertical, and a stealth record on a piece of
tape or sticker on either the underside of the music desk, or back side of
the front board where it won't be noticed should the card with the humidity
documentation mysteriously evaporate between the tuning and the complaint.
It's also on the invoice. This doesn't come up often, since I spend a lot
of time discussing humidity changes and their effects with customers. But
when it does, I'm covered.

Ron N