The Mother of all Bellyrails

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 09:07:49 -0800 (PST)

Yes, I think so. It was in the basement of a house
near me, and all I remember is that this MASSIVE thing
had about a 6 inch cast iron rim that went all around
the perimeter of the back, and no posts!  And that the
fretwork cut-outs on the top panel were covered with
plywood to "modernize" it (but still there). Rosewood.
Gothic case, otherwise. 1880's (my guess).
     Thump

--- Delwin D Fandrich <pianobuilders@olynet.com>