moral dilemma/ estimate

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:14:19 -0500

Tom,

I agree with you.  I will be making a callback today, probably free, to look at
a problem piano that's essentially shot and was tuned February 7.  On the phone
I told the clients under which circumstances I would make any charges, and I
have the freedom to do that.  Basically, I say that if there is any way the
problem can be traced to my service, there would be no charge.  Otherwise, they
will be charged only for parts and labor while on the job, and my normal minimum
charge will not apply.

I believe there are times when you end up the long-term winner by being a
short-term loser.  In my book the Golden Rule still applies:  Do unto others as
you would have them do unto you.

Regards,
Clyde