South Carolina seminars?

Duplexdan@aol.com Duplexdan@aol.com
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:26:37 EST

Don Mannino,

South Carolina, Pianos, and friends; that'sa terrific combination from my
side of the tee, Don. I'd love to get the chance to tune a duplex scale on
another one of those beautiful kawai's I saw at the Orlando Convention. Just
to refresh your memory on the input i'm speaking about let me recount this
brief anecdote:

Virgil and Jim had a tuneoff on 4 kawai's . They tuned two on the scene and
two behind the scenes. The purpose was to match ETD's vs. aural techniques.
Well, one piano came out waaayyyy on top of the other three indicating that
the tuner of that piano was wwaaayyyy ahead of the competitor. But we all
know that Virgil and Jim are equal titans so I gave in to suspicion and
checked out the pianos with a few colleagues who were in the front row next
to me.

The result of our check was that ONE piano's duplex was perfectly in tune.
Guess which one it was? I  don't believe the competition was won by VS or JC.
I think the winner of the competition was The Duplex Scale!

Hope to see you in S. Carolina.

Dan Franklin