FW: How to fix a broken bottom board on an upright?

Grant T. Riethmuller grieth@ozemail.com.au
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:19:52 +1000

Brian,

The pinblock issue is my next one.  The pins are holding - at least in the
three weeks since I pulled it up to pitch, except for the one I repaired
(you can see the end of the sandpaper).

I am perplexed about the piece of tuning wire on the plate bridge - any
ideas why it would be there?

Any tips on the tuning pins - I was just going to leave them alone while
they hold?

Regards

Grant

PS - This is the first piano I have worked on, so I didn't want to spend too
much untill I gained a little experience - things always sound easy when you
only read about them.

---