How to fix a broken bottom board on an upright?

Grant T. Riethmuller grieth@ozemail.com.au
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 15:13:11 +1000

Do you think the glue could hold it, given the way the board flexes under
pressure?

The right front wheel has been forced up.  In the photo's, the foot that the
wheel is mounted on runs down to a knot.  The bottom board is securely
joined to this piece, but the board flexes such that the area of the knot
moves toward the floor, and the front wheel up.  You can see the gap from
the knot accross to the bottom of the harp.  the bottom board is in one
piece, but flexes.

I included the inside shots as it shows where I was thinking of putting a
timber to screw in to stop the board flexing.  I cant screw from the outside
into the area of the knot without removing veneer.

Regards

Grant

PS - Most of us don't look to photogenic when the shot is from below whilst
lying on ones back with legs in the air!?