Why make your own capping material instead of buying it?

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 06:02:38 -0800 (PST)

Sounds great Terry,
     But are there not ready made materials for this
purpose? Sounds like a LOT of work, that's all, and I
wouldn't want to try it unless I was certain the
results would be better than the retail stuff.  And
you'll need a serious press, I'd think. Maybe with
heated platens.
   If the stuff Pianotech sells isn't "up to par", why
not just petition them until it is? I'm sure they'd
like the continued business!
     Am I wrong? What am I missing here? I don't mind
work, but this sounds like a specialized operation
best left for someone with plenty of costly, dedicated
equipment. ( Like a 20 ton press! )
     Respectfully,
     Thump

http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com/product.asp?0=294&1=295&3=1294