(no subject)

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 10:28:32 -0500

Joe,
         While on the surface this seems like a good idea for quick stock
removal I'm a little concerned that this is not what the tool was designed
for. Aren't chop saws designed for cross cutting? Wouldn't you run the risk
of splintering wood by using the wrong blade for the task you're
performing? Typically chop saws have 60 or 80 tooth blades designed for
really only one thing, crosscutting. I remember trying to crosscut a small
piece of stock when building a little project before I was more
enlightened. That piece flew across the room even after being clamped down
before the cut took place. I'd be interested to read your take on this and
also have a look at those plans.

Greg Newell

At 10:10 AM 2/15/2003, you wrote:

>Hi Gordon,
>  The plans are free, as each radial chow saw is different,
>no two would be exactly the same jig. So mass producing them would be a
>useless effort.
>Contact me off list if you desire further information.
>Just a click away on my address below<G>
>Joe Goss
>imatunr@srvinet.com
>www.mothergoosetools.com

Greg Newell