Best Thing since Peanut Butter!

Paul Chick (EarthLink) tune4@earthlink.net
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 22:42:02 -0600

... I came across "Bullseye" Shellac in a SPRAY CAN!
> I've been using it to seal olde finishes after toning/blending, etc. What
> dream to work with! As near as I can tell, because it's in a sealed/under
> pressure can, it doesn't have a "shelf life". Clean up is easy and Lacqer
> and Varnish adhere very well. It dries fast, as well, so multiple coats
are
> possible.
> Just thought I'd pass this along, for those of you who have to do little
> repairs that need finishing, in a quick/efficient way.
> Best Regards,
> Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

Joe
I spoke with  the people that make the Bullseye Shellac you mention, about
using it as a sealer.  They recommended testing it on scrap first under your
desired finish because they do not guarantee it is free of wax-the natural
wax found in shellac.  They told me about a new product coming out that is
guaranteed to work under finishes as as sealer because it is 100% wax free.
It's now available at homebuilding stores like Menard's, Home Depot, etc.  I
use it on plates before bronzing and under waterbased lacquer.  It's a 2
pound cut, so very thin. My guess it will be out in spray cans soon.

Paul Chick