ET Tuning Pattern using 3:1 octaves

Phil Bondi tito@philbondi.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 06:26:52 -0500

'mornin again to all.

Recently, I sent a note to Bill Ballard, but I haven't heard back from him,
so I don't know if he's off-line right now, having computer problems, etc..i
just don't know..but I want to share with all of you something I have been
working with for a few months now with great results, and my results have
been graphed and logged by my student Dave Smith. I am happy to report that
Dave spent some time with the Master, Jim Coleman, and Jim was happy with
what Dave was doing. One thing that came out of that meeting was Dave
learning how to use the Double Octave Beat function of the SATlll, getting
as much 'good' stretch from the piano as possible. Results were graphed.

I am very, very happy to report that there are great similarities between
that procedure and the 3:1 aural procedure I have been using and was graphed
by Dave Smith. My thanks to Bill Ballard (Where in the world is Bill
Ballard?)

I would be happy to share the procedure with anyone who would like to learn
how to produce it aurally..and..if there is any interest from the Journal
folks, I would be more than happy to write up the procedure and show both
graphs for a Journal article to share in that medium as well.

Obviously, using the Double Octave Beat with the SATlll is no big
revelation, but..having an aural procedure so closely match that particular
procedure, and to be able to prove it with a graph, MIGHT be print-worthy.

my thoughts,

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
phil@philbondi.com