Yamaha Pin Blocks

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:27:20 -0800

There are three quarter sawn interior maple plies and about
8mm thick each.  These are sandwiched by what appears to be 5 thin beech
cross laminates about 5mm total on each side and closely resembling
delignight.  Thus the total thickness of the block is about 3.9cm total. =
am replacing it with a Bolduc block.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV

> Please provide details such as thickness of laminations, how many
> laminations, cut of wood (flat sawn, quartered), grain > orientation, =
etc.
> How old is the piano? Please describe any apparent movement of the =
tuning
> pins that appears related to  > string pull. Thanks bunches. And =
oodles.

> Terry Farrell

> > I am replacing a Yamaha block as we speak on a C-7 university piano. =
 It