Switcharoo ...

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 00:00:39 -0600

After my soapbox support, it may shock some of you to hear that I now have
something negative to say about DC's ...

I installed my first grand bottom cover tonight, on my own piano. It won't
take so long next time but this is a guddling, scuddling, low-skill,
uninteresting, and time consuming job. Little things like taking the plastic
off all those Velcro strips got to driving me cuckoo (and that's a very
short drive, in the best case!)

I can sure see how it will enhance the grand system, along with their new
grand humidstat. But how in the world can I get motivated to sell systems
with the cover, knowing how much more labor is involved?

I'd like to hear from people who have done customer installations about how
long it is taking, how much more they are charging, how it's being received
by the customer, etc.

Alan Barnard
Around the Bend in Salem, MO

P.S. This was a fairly small grand; I can only imagine the time and hassle
of doing this on a 9-footer!