keytops

stars stars@teleport.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:04:54 -0800

Hi,

I've only done one set - used the Keytop Cement (which looks and
smells just like Elmer's white glue) from a piano part supplier. The
old ivories came off well with the iron to loosen the tops - only did
tops, not fronts.  New ones have held fine so far (almost a year
now).

A local technician I 'used' to work for on cabinet refinishing said he
always uses superglue for keytops. I have no comment about that
nor any opinion - its just what he told me.

Dorie