Steinway and DC

Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:17:20 +0100

Ok folks

Now before I start let me make it clear I am a DC supporter and
enthusiast. There is little doubt in my mind as to the effectiveness of
this apparatus, at least in our climate.

That being said... I have my doubts as to whether or not this qualifies
as a "recommendation" by Steinway to use DC. At best its a pretty well
guarded one.

What they DO directly recommend is as David Skolnik origionally posted,
and as I backed him up on. The letter DOES say that if what they DO
reccommend is impossible then the Damp Chaser MAY be to some degree
benificial. Then later on the letter qualifies that stating the need for
proper installation for the unit to operate satifactorilly at all....
which has already been defined as  << potentially benificial to some
limited degree >>. The paraphrase is mine tho it's quite likely I will
run into this kind of thing from opponents of DC, and its going to be
easier for them to convince then for me.

Actaully, this letter could be very reasonably interpreted in a number
of ways. It could just as easily be a confimation that a DC installation
will not neccessilly void a Steinway guarantee as it could be anything
else.

So... I have to go back to what I origionally stated, and this jives
well with the messages I have direct from John Patton.... namely that
Steinway makes no recommendation per se at all about  DC's above and
beyond refering potential customers to DC directly to insure proper
installation.

All that being said... I will certainly use this letter in the attempt
to convince some of my S&S customers that the DC is a good thing. So I
am greatfull that Roger sent it along.

Cheers

RicB

[Image]

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.

--------------60479D8403469CE6F1812D9E
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

--------------60479D8403469CE6F1812D9E
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: C:\\DOCUME~1\\RICHAR~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\nsmail1R.jpeg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 99073 bytes
Desc: not available

--------------60479D8403469CE6F1812D9E--