DC

KENNETH FINLAYSON kennyfin@jetstream.net
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:54:04 -0800

Hi List:

Time and again I have come across DC installed in a piano, and I feel =
the customer has thrown his money away. What really was wrong was tight =
centre pins, or tight key bushings.=20

As RPT's, our primary reason for existance is not to make money: but to =
ensure quality piano care within the musical community. I ran across =
another DC recently installed in a brand-new Samick. In my opinion, it =
was a waste of money, which gave satisfaction only to the piano store =
who made a profit by installing it.=20

I never recommend DC. I don't believe in them. I might someday, but it =
would have to be under very extenuating circumstances.=20

>From David Slolnik, Feb 10, Vol 156 Section 3 :- "In fact, Steinway's =
web site makes absolutely no mention of=20
DampChasers.  They recommend maintaining the room environment at between =

45% and 65% by the use of room humidification, dehumidification and=20
air-conditioning.  My experience has been that Steinway has been =
extremely=20
reticent in recommencing the use of DampChasers, as they have no control =

over the quality of the installation, nor the dependability of the =
product=20
itself."

Kenneth Finlayson, RPT