opinionating the quality of other technicians.

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 22:57:34 -0600

>Suppose that customer hires "Jack Flange" because I have a good reputation
>and I've just told him that "Jack Flange" does good work. PERIOD."?  I'd
>be an accessory to what would feel like a crime and I would wonder about
>that causing me to be just as liable as "Jack Flange" because in a round
>about way, I've recommended him!

About a month ago, I declined to rebuild a player mechanism without doing
the piano, explaining that the piano needed rebuilt at least as much as did
the player.  About a week later, I got a call from someone who had no such
qualms, thanking me for the referral! I did no such thing. Now I wonder if
the player owner is under the impression that I endorsed the guy. Even when
you try to do it right, there's no telling what someone else hears.

Sigh.

Ron N