Haines Bros.

Wayne R. Lutzow ibetuner@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:16:57 -0800

Since I'm a relatively new technician I've only posted to this list once or
twice before...haven't had a need to do anything other than read the great
material found here.

Now, however, I have a need to ask a question.

I'm beginning the process of partially reconditionin an 1895 Haines Bros.
upright for a friend of mine and could use some advice.

I'll be replacing the strings, felts, hammerheads, doing some action
regulation, key work and some soundboard repair...big job for a newbie I
know but you gotta start somehwere...I've done similar work on a 1906 Krell
that is for my daughter.

The Haines Bros. looks like it has a half plate. The top foot or so by
pinblock is wood. Is this piano to be tuned at 440 or should it be lower?

Any other things I might watch for?

TNX,

Wayne
Sacramento