Old Dogs Worth It?

stars stars@teleport.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:55:57 -0800

On 10 Feb 2003 at 10:03, Clark wrote:

>     We just got in d "dumpster" piano, a Hazelton Bros. Grand, circa =
> 1918, #67733.  I am interested in whether anybody has any rebuilding =
> experiences with these.  Dumpster, or complete rebuild?  Is it worth
> any = investment in time or cash?  It's 5'9", spray painted white,
> etc.  Would = need completely rebuilt.  Opinions?

Hi Clark,

Here's one I did that sounds about the same - just fyi. Click on the
Adam Schaaf and New England, before/after's. (The others are just
'befores')

http://www.anarchy.com/~stars/Pianos/

The 'worth' of doing one is up to each person - for me, its
tremendously gratifying and maybe someday I'll even sell one!

:)
Dorie