Dampp-Chaser comment (was RE: RebuiltSteinway...TheGeneralIssues

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 21:27:57 +0100

Don wrote:

> Hi Ric,
>
> Do you think Damppchaser would fake a letter from Steinway?

Fake is perhaps too strong a term. That being said, the official line
according to John Patton is that they make no official recommendations
whatsoever about the use of the DC system. In point of fact, the only
places where I  can find any mention of  this "letter"  is in DC's
promotionals.  Those two realities tend to make their own point me thinks.

Heck, I was quoted and on the official Steinway.com webside for about 5
years running for a quote I gave Sherman and Clay for Boston grands when
they came on the market. You can bet I have a copy of that in my files
too...and tho I can show it around and imply some stamp of approval from
Steinway if I want to... that doesnt mean that Steinway REALLLY has any
official position as to my professional type person. :)

I dont blame DC for keeping a quote or letter that somehow came into their
hands mind you.... But official declared Steinway Policy is pretty
clear.... just ask them yourself.

Like I said tho... nothing would please me more then to see an official
Steinway Stamp of approval on the DC system. Why .... ??? well thats got to
do with internal norwegian affairs... :)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.