(no subject)

Armond armond@snip.net
Sun, 09 Feb 2003 20:05:16 -0500

on 2/9/03 7:05 PM, Deb Rodgers at debarodgers@hotmail.com wrote:

> I am a pianist and I purchased a rebuilt Steinway in May 2001.  It had a 10
> year warranty. This piano has a new soundboard which was added in the summer
> of 2002.  I just noticed a separation in the sound board.  I am very upset
> about this recent development.  I'm not sure what this means.  Should I be
> concerned.  Does this affect the sound of the instrument.  Currently I am
> not pleased with the sound.  It does not have much sound in the higher
> register however it seems to have too much sound in the middle and bottom
> register.  Could this be caused by the separation that I am noticing?  I
> would appreciate any guidance that you are willing to send.  I am confused
> as to what direction to take regarding what I thought would be my dream
> piano.

Dear Deb,

    do you know how old the piano was when you bought it?

    How much did it cost and what size grand is it?

    is the 10 year warranty in writing and what does it say in regards to
    the soundboard and harp (plate)?  Was there a charge to have the new
    soundboard installed and how much was that, and who did it?

    where was this piano purchased?

Armond D'Ambrosio, Piano Tech, Voorhees, NJ  armond@snip.net