The Mother of all Bellyrails

Sat, 8 Feb 2003 23:18:29 -0800

Re: The Mother of all Bellyrails
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Bill Maxim=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: February 08, 2003 7:13 PM
  Subject: Re: The Mother of all Bellyrails

  Glad to hear from you that the design had so much positive going for =
it.  I was disappointed in the primitive action:  no repetition levers =
and the jack flanges mounted directly on the keys.  One-piece ivories.  =
Glued-in pin block which suffered from my attempt to ream out the plate =
holes for 4/0 tuning pins. =20

Yes, it has a Brown action. It does have a repetiton funciton, however, =
when properly regulated. At least this action does.

And the pinblock is not glued to anything. It's a very tight mechanical =
fit inside the plate casting. If I can ever get enough people together =
to lift the plate and turn it over I'll get some pictures of that as =
well.

Del