new refinishing idea

Ken Jankura kenrpt@earthlink.net
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 22:43:15 -0500

I tuned a piano yesterday that was a first. It had been restrung 'on the
cheap' somewhere through a music store. How do I know? Beckets weren't
squeezed in and the wound strings on the tenor bridge were probably too much
bother and too much expense so they just used plain wire :-(   (small Stieff
grand). But the real find was the refinishing. The entire inner rim was
covered in green felt! When I opened it up, I wasn't sure whether to tune it
or shoot craps :-)

Ken Jankura RPT
Fayetteville PA