(no subject)

Brian Doepke doepkeb@comcast.net
Sat, 08 Feb 2003 22:01:50 -0500

Did you keep your arm straight or bent?

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of KENNETH FINLAYSON
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 1:11 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: (no subject)

Hi List!

I had terrible tendonitis. It got so bad I had to have both wrists
x-rayed. I was organist at the time, with hours of Bach, plus tuning
pianos. The doctor said: "That's because you are a very tense person."

Did he mean present tense, or past tense?

"Because of the tension, you are using your wrists in an abnormal way.
Do this!" He gestured, twisting wrists side to side very quickly. "Screw
light bulbs in. Sit at a red light, screw lightbulbs in. Sit in church,
screw lightbulbs in. Go to the pub, screw light bulbs in. Do it at least
five minutes a day, or whenever the pain starts."

I did exactly as he said. In six weeks, the tendonitis was gone. It
hasn't been back. That was ten years ago. Touch wood.