Tendonitis

Brian Doepke doepkeb@comcast.net
Sat, 08 Feb 2003 21:54:45 -0500

Yes, I did buy a similar band for "tennis elbow" and have been wearing
it for a couple of days.  Still not sure exactly where on the forearm to
wear it.

Should it be worn always? Even at night?

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Dave Smith
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 10:36 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Tendonitis

Brian, I have had tendonitis both on the inside and outside of my arm --
not from tuning but other causes.  Doctor gave me a special arm band
that really did the trick.  It is a firm band with velcro adjustment for
tightness, and a small air bag which is positioned over the muscle just
short of the tendon attachment.  Clamps off the muscle and lets the
tendon heal.  You can still use the muscle, although with a bit of
diminished strength during healing. Sorry I dont recall the name of the
thing, but it really worked for me.

Dave Smith
SW FL