D.C. troubling finding

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sat, 08 Feb 2003 16:54:30 -0800

I have always wondered if the D.C. Humidistat turns "off" or goes into a
kind of "sleep mode", when the correct parameters of RH are achieved. Guess
what/ It stays on 24/7, no matter WHAT the RH! My questions were answered
during a conversation with the good people at Dampp-Chaser the other day. I
asked them why, if the correct RH levels are achieved, does the humidistat
NOT turn off. "Good question", he replied, "we've been working on that, and
hope to have a new humidistat in the near future". Quite intersting, isn't
it? So basically. the humidistat will be CONSTANTLY swithing from the
dehumidifier, to the HUmidifier, when the RH is WITHIN  the "correct range."
I find this a pretty bad engineering flaw, and an unnecessary drain on the
system AND the electric bill. But they are..."working on it!" How nice.

Terry Peterson