Tips on finding leaking damper

Phil Ryan pryan2@the-beach.net
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 06:12:34 -0500

Thanks to all who responded to my post on leaking dampers.  The =
thought I would compile  them here for anyone who missed the original =
post.  Good Luck

Phil

1. Check the pedal rods that they are not too tight.
2. Check that the dampers move(follow) when you push on strings.
3. Pluck each string to check for ringing.
4. Check condition of damper springs.
5. Check that the action brackets are tight against the plate bolts.
6. Dampen the strings with finger or mute to find offending damper(s).
7. Check seating of action feet on action bracket.
8. Check seating of bottom portion  of damper felt on bichord strings.