Henry Herz Belly

Thu, 6 Feb 2003 22:40:55 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Brekne=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: February 06, 2003 2:53 PM
  Subject: Re: Henry Herz Belly Brace JPG

  I would tend to agree Del, and seeing the inside of this crack is even =
more enlightening. Here is a shot of the plate tho...as best I could =
manage this time around.=20

I was wrong about it being cross-strung, though. It's very much =
flat-strung. Makes the crack a bit mysterious. Way less torsional stress =
than I envisioned. What is pulling it apart? Odd design.

One last question -- is there an obvious method of removing the strung =
back assembly? In other words, how would one go about repairing a split =
treble bridge? Assuming one could see that it was split. Or, how would =
one go about restringing the thing?

Del