Help!!

Vanderhoofven dkvander@joplin.com
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:23:06 -0600

Hi Corte,

I had the same problem once before.  Use JB Weld on the broken piece.  Be
careful to align it exactly like it was before it broke.  JB Weld takes
about 4 hours before it is hard to the touch, and 24 hours for full
cure.  Lots of time to align the parts.  When the JB Weld is cured, you may
want to reinforce the bracket with a narrow piece of metal on each side of
the bracket, held in place with JB Weld.  JB Weld can be shaped with a
dremel or a file.  You may want to paint it if you want to disguise the repair.

I was lucky, my break was on the lower part of the bracket, so the repair
was not obvious.  I have seen the piano twice since then and the repair is
holding fine after about 3 years.

Any steel filled epoxy will work, but I am comfortable using JB Weld.

Hope this is helpful.

SIncerely,

David A. Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO

At 12:37 PM 2/6/03, you wrote:
 >The top action bracket (the one at the extreme treble) has completely
cracked off.