help!

Chris Gregg cdgregg@telus.net
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 17:22:27 -0700

I fixed one the other day.  Bolted a plate on either side of the strut
where the break was, and then encased the whole thing in JB Weld.  This one
had an I beam construction, so the repair was recessed in that area it did
not get in the way of any moving parts.  It can be a high stress area so it
needs to be a good repair.  If you want to get really fancy, try epoxying
some strips of carbon fibre in there for good measure. Good luck.

Chris.