Henry Herz Belly Brace JPG

Thu, 6 Feb 2003 12:48:17 -0800

------=_NextPart_001_0023_01C2CDDE.0579D720

----- Original Message -----=20
From: "Phillip Ford" <fordpiano@earthlink.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: February 06, 2003 12:17 PM
Subject: Re: Henry Herz Belly Brace JPG

> Del F wrote:
>=20
> >>  The question, of course, is why...? Why go to all that much =
trouble to build something that is structurally flawed from the =
beginning....
>=20
>=20
> Why do you say that this is structurally flawed?
>=20
> Phil F
>=20

I am speculating just a bit, but I think the tortional stress from the =
cross-strung bass is in the process of very slowly pulling the poor =
thing apart. It would be interesting to examine the plate structure =
some....

This problem is not at all uncommon with early cross-strung designs. =
I've an early Geo. Steck in my shop with a similar problem. I'm not sure =
just yet what I'm going to do with it.

Del

------=_NextPart_001_0023_01C2CDDE.0579D720
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...