viewing pictures

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 13:31:34 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

From: "stars" <stars@teleport.com>
> EEK! This is what comes through to me when someone sends an
> embedded pic - (I've cut out the pages and pages and pages of
> code - but basically an entire digest size fills up with this stuff).
>
> Is there any other way to do this?

It looks ugly, but it's actually a convenient way to send pictures (as
long as we don't have too many of them). To view the picture, search the
archives for "viewing pictures" or "viewing attachments" and you'll see
various ways mentioned.

Here's one way:

If you use Windows and have WinZip installed, an easy way to view the
picture is to save the whole message, name it with the ".uue"  extension
on it, and then double click on it. WinZip will run, and you can extract
the picture. Actually in the case of the picture RicB sent, I had to first
edit the message to rename the picture. It had the whole path, and that
confused things when I tried to decode it. I just renamed it to something
like "piano.jpeg", without the whole path name.

Charles Neuman
PTG Assoc, Long Island