Back problem (my experience)

Richard Oliver Snelson rsnelson@bwsys.net
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 08:39:23 -0600

Re: Back problemI found the doctors here in our area to be the opposite =
of what I'm hearing here. They clearly are able in many cases through =
microsurgery to fix disk problems. However in my case the surgeon tried =
everything else in the book before he would even talk to me about =
surgery. First, physical therapy, anti-inflammatory drugs, two epidurals =
into the disk area. All this time I was pushing him to just fix the damn =
thing.=20

In my case I had very little pain in the back. Instead the pain ran =
through the butt area, down the inside of my leg to the knee. The =
sciatic nerve area! In addition when I stood for over 10 minutes pain =
would start in my hip, right at the joint. This got worse and worse till =
the time to pain was only 5 min.=20

So I'm pushing this poor guy to fix the damn thing, please do surgery. =
Here's the results of his help. The sciatica pain went away completely =
with the shots to the back. Took about two weeks for the steroids to =
take full hold. As for the hip this was still there. He suggested a =
direct shot into the hip for that. Two weeks later it was better. Four =
weeks all pain was gone and I have not been able to bring it back by =
walking or standing.  He suggested taking some of the natural joint =
drugs such as Flex-O-men... It has really helped.  Two problems that =
looked like one. Fixed by a surgeon, wanting to do the right thing.=20
My suggestion, stay away from clinics doing lots of surgery. Florida is =
famous for one, that has hundreds of complaints filled against it. You =
can find this on the internet. People attend their seminars across the =
country and go there to get taken for $$$$$$ and even more than one =
surgery. Take care find a good local doc with nerve experience. Listen =
to him.    Go here to learn more.   http://www.spineonline.com/    ,  =
Rich
----- Original Message -----=20