Today's Puzzler

Phil Bondi tito@philbondi.com
Wed, 05 Feb 2003 18:21:41 -0500

..and it has not been resolved.

..so please put on your thinking caps.

Boston GP 178 w/PianoDisc.

The 'concern' for the customer was the fact that the Damper Pedal felt like
it was hitting the floor. The pedal is doing its job, but I know exactly
what she's saying.."it feels like it's hitting the floor." I take a look
underneath and notice a stop for the pedal rod.."no problem, maam". .. that
wasn't it, and I had to remove the pedal lyre and the trap work support for
the Sostento pedal to access that capstan. grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

..move to the Upstop rail - no sir, the dampers don't quite reach the upstop
rail.

..move to the Pedal Solenoid. Now, I know enough about Pedal Solenoids to
know that once they're set, you don't want to mess too much with any
adjustments, but I'm starting to scratch my increasingly rabidly balding
head with this one already..and the Solenoid wasn't the problem.

The one thing I did notice was when I put a spring on the Damper Tray, the
tray dropped down about 4 mils..just about the amount I want to gain from
this pedal..and of course there's the issue of 60+ Damper capstan adjustment
screws to turn down.

Did I miss something?

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
phil@philbondi.com