Peterson Tuners

Tue, 04 Feb 2003 16:57:27 +0100

I gotta agree with David here. That being said, if you know your tuning
theory and a bit about how ETD's calculate tunings, you can indeed use a
Peterson to do an outstanding job. But dont expect the device to do much
for you besides telling you if you are right on any particular frequency
or not. For most tuners, the excersise in learning to tune this way
would no doubt be a valuable one. Tunelab 97 is also very easy to use in
this fashion so if you already have a portable PC I would suggest
rethinking the Peterson decision.

BTJMO
RicB

--