Non-toxic finish products

Mon, 3 Feb 2003 19:32:50 -0500

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 15:37:58 -0800 (PST) gordon stelter
<lclgcnp@yahoo.com> writes:
> Well, you can also go outside and apply the finish
> wearing gloves and a carbon filter (about $20 from an
> auto finish supply store) mask.  I am all for water
> based non-toxic finishes, but when I finish the
> keystick ( to seal in odors, Terry ) I have used
> petroleum-solvent based spray can stuff, believing it
> to be more impervious to moisture and perhaps a better
> sealant.
>     Am I wrong?
>     Thump

Thump -

There are a host of water-based materials available that will perform as
well or better than your solvent-based can stuff.  However, if cans are
your 'thing', very little is available in the water-based stuff in this
vehicle, at least to my knowledge.  If you have spray equipment, though,
the choices are many.  As conscious as seem to be of your environment, I
am quite surprised you use the can versions of solvent-based stuff.
Perhaps the least environmentally-friendly product available, IMO.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com