The Opposite! was Re: Aid for short people

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 22:30:40 EST

In a message dated 2/2/03 2:31:11 AM !!!First Boot!!!, sckline@attbi.com
writes:

> I'm not tall (5'8") and not a guy, but I wonder if you sat on a bar stool
> just to the right of the piano for the high treble if that would help your
> back.
>
> Susan

You can't use a bar stool on uprights because your knees hit the keybed, and
then you can't reach the tuning pins, without over stretching your back.

As far as grands are concerned, Alan, I agree with Avery. You shouldn't be
standing tuning grands, unless you're doing the very last octave and you're
right handed. And even then, it might be easier if you either turned the
hammer around, or tuned left handed.

Wim