The Opposite! was Re: Aid for short people

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 22:25:10 EST

In a message dated 2/2/03 2:25:45 AM !!!First Boot!!!, tune4u@earthlink.net
writes:

> Okay, I'm 6'4" and my back kills me if I do much stand-up tuning (like grand
> high trebles). Other than standing in a hole, what do other tall guys do?
>
> Alan Barnard
> Salem, MO

This is usually a problem only when you tune octaves. I'm not as tall, but
when I used to tune by ear, and stood up doing big uprights, I found it was
easier to reach the octaves if I took off my shoes. It lowered my hands
enough so I didn't have to bend my back at a funny angle.

But now that I use an SAT, and only tune one note at a time, it's a lot
easier.

Wim