slipping becket?

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 01 Feb 2003 07:03:50 -0500

Paul,

Yes, but not on a factory installed string.  It was a replacement I did myself,
and I think it was a thin string close to the top.

Also, several months ago I ordered a custom replacement bass string from
Schaff.  I couldn't get it to hold a pitch.  Then I noticed that the eye
terminal winding was actually unwinding.  When I couldn't get it to stabilize
after 6-8 tries, I cut it out and Schaff sent me a free replacement.  That was a
new one for me!

Regards,
Clyde