Another newbie tuning question

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 00:58:06 -0600

Tom,

Cree's fifths and octaves method is an elementary beginning
temperament that isn't confusing in its application. It usually takes
several passes, however, to accomplish its intended goal. More
involved temperaments using other intervals and the associate checks
you mentioned become necessary to achieve more accurate results.

That's about the most I will say because I know there are others on
this list who are masters when it comes to aural tuning. There are
also numerous posts in the archives concerning temperaments to the
nth degree.

http://www.ptg.org/archive/pianotech.php/

You certainly have your homework cut out for you.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild