A new song

Ron & Lorene Shiflet rshiflet@eaznet.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:45:16 -0700

 Does anybody out there have a foot in the door on bringing forth a new =
song?  I realize that there are lots that get rejected everyday but =
here's what I've got.
     My wife and I wrote a sequel to "Grandma got ran over by a =
Reindeer".  Ours is called "Grandpa he got even with the Reindeer".  =
Basically, the next year Grandpa goes out, gets even and gets in the dog =
house.
    There's a new trend out and lots of artists are putting out =
Christmas albums now.  We have no intention of putting out an album, but =
we think our song would do as well as the original.  We just have no =
clue who to contact or where to go.  We're interested both in someone =
taking the song and recording it, and someone else putting it out in =
sheet music.
    For the record, we copyrighted the lyrics and contacted the original =
artist Dr. Elmo.  He's a veterinarian in San Francisco.  He has several =
albums out now and isn't interested at the present time.=20

Thanks in advance.

Ron  =20
rshiflet@eaznet.com

PS, I won't put all the lyrics out until we get past a few legalities =
but here's the Chorus:

Grandpa he got even with the reindeer
sitting in a tree stand the next year
he didn't know which one had trampled grandma
so he bagged them all as soon as they came near.