Kent Swafford/....ETD generated tuning and refines it."

Mike and Jane Spalding mjbkspal@execpc.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:31:23 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Leslie W Bartlett <lesbart1@juno.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 8:31 AM
Subject: Re: Kent Swafford/....ETD generated tuning and refines it."

I cannot imagine an ETD giving exactly the same
> tuning as an aural one.

Les,

Maybe not "exactly the same", but certainly well within the exam tolerances.  My tuning exam score, on the section where I used RCT, was 99%.  One point off, on one note in octave 1, due to bad judgement on my part (tried something new, which I did not fully understand how to do, based on hearsay info about what sounds best on that particular make of piano).  I would guess that ETD tuners generally score pretty well on the exam.  Examiners, care to chime in here?

thanks

Mike Spalding RPT