Broken plates was Grand Treble Bell

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 09:48:40 EDT

In a message dated 9/22/2002 11:26:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
pianobuilders@olynet.com writes:

> Subj:Re: [pianotech] Grand Treble Bell
> Date:9/22/2002 11:26:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:pianobuilders@olynet.com">pianobuilders@olynet.com</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>           Del and list

                While following this thread all this talk of broken plates ,I
just wondered how many have ever encountered a broken plate in a Steinway or
If you'll admit to  breaking a plate by adjusting any of the nose bolts or
bell bolts. ANy body willing to fess up?
           Dale