Tuning Exam

Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:16:44 +0200

Joe...

While that may be the official line, I personally have witnessed a "master
tuning" by Jim Coleman where he whipped the piano into tune with his SAT, and
the committee didnt adjust more then a couple 3  or 4 notes by ear.

The idea is that the piano is to be tuned to the aural satisfaction of those
involved in setting up the master tuning. Then its to be recorded by the ETD. I
havent read the actual wording of the manual relative to this, but I will today.
Either way, whats written and whats done are often in variance with each other.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.