Testing Statistics.. was Important Question

Sun, 22 Sep 2002 21:20:44 +0200

Hi David

I aggree 100% with your conclusions. Tho I just have to say, and this despite my well know cautions about
ETD use, after years of strictly aural tuning, passing the Norwegian test the American,..... my experience
with utilizing the ETD to improve my ear skills, and understanding of what tuning about really is about has
been invaluable.

I keep thinking that a very efficient method of learning tuning inside out, and developing a high degree of
aural proficiency could be developed with ETD's as a primary learning aid.

But simply using them to tell you where to leave the pin.... without further ado..... doenst seem to work
too well in this regard.

Cheers

RicB

--