Importance of the staple

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 11:11:30 -0500

>Hi Ron,
>Your last example where the staple does not penetrate the underfelt, would
>only serve a marketing function or weight
>enhancement<G> making the 10lb hammers 12lb.
>Joe Goss

Hi Joe,
Good point. I wonder if they come in half staple weights. Still, it's a
stapled hammer at the level of detail the discussion has mostly taken.
Interestingly enough, looking at it from the outside, these "staples"
didn't look any less secure and buried in the  the hammer felt than any of
the others. What you see ain't necessarily what you get.

Ron N