Voicing

Fri, 20 Sep 2002 22:36:06 -0700

Actually, I didn't really have a problem with the tone.  The tenor and =
bass was quite nice.  The treble needed more juice and this is where I =
found the felt to be not accepting the lacquer as unlacquered felt =
generally does.  I've gotten into the habit of prelacquering hammers =
because they just always need something.  Now I will be a bit more =
cautious when I use their hammers.  It seems that I recall hearing that =
they sometimes do this with D hammers but not with the others.  =20

David Love

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: September 20, 2002 9:47 PM
  Subject: Re: Voicing

  In a message dated 9/20/2002 8:59:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time, =

    Subj:Re: Voicing=20
    Date:9/20/2002 8:59:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time
    From:Kdivad@aol.com
    Reply-to:pianotech@ptg.org
    To:pianotech@ptg.org
    Sent from the Internet=20

    In a message dated 9/20/02 9:59:36 AM Central Daylight Time, =
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:

                Dave=20

             Send them back.
            Dale

      I've purchased countless sets of Steinway hammers over the years =
and I've
      never had a set that were prelacquered.  That's why this was =
unusual, they
      were clearly hardened beforehand.

      David Love