A well tempered tale

Fri, 20 Sep 2002 08:18:32 -0700

I tuned an Ibach Transposing piano for the first time yesterday.  Quite =
an interesting contraption.  As I pondered what type of temperament to =
put on it\, my mind began to race with the possibilities.  A nice well =
temperament with the flick of a wrist could easily become a reverse =
well, sideways well, upside down well, backwards well or, what-the-well =
well.    As I booted up my Verituner a voice from the back room called =
out, "By the way, the last guy put this weird temperament on it, just =
tune it the normal way". =20

Probably would have tuned it in ET anyway. =20

David Love