Voicing

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:52:51 -0500

>            Ron
>            This doesn't surprise me a bit. Ari ,at least in the past,
> prejuiced all his hammer sets with a plexiglass solution to some degree
> unless you specifically request none. He is fairly consistent about it
> but sometimes some get stiffer than others. Great hammers. Still more
> variables ehh
>    Dale

Dale,

So did Alan specifically request non treated Isaacs? Alan, did you?

And the Abels and Renners that so many folks like, even further hardening
them in some cases, are so hard as to be unusable with my boards. In pianos
that don't get boards, I can use the Abels and Renners like everyone else.
I have a cause and effect relationship with the board, far in excess of any
differences in hammer sets from set to set. So statistically, it's not the
hammers - it's the boards.

Do you find the Isaacs interchangeable with Renners or Abels in pianos with
your new boards as well as with original boards, or boards built to the
original design?

Ron N