ETD's accurate?

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 23:08:32 -0700

>No matter how good the
>machine is, its not capable of creativity.

Absolutely.  Every head IS a planet, and each person does his/her work
differently.  A huge percentage of my work on pianos is tuning, and I
have to have fun, or I'll literally go crazy. Aural tuning, for me, is
big fun.  I'm incredibly blessed to live in a major urban area and have a
big percentage of my pianos be good, well-maintained grands---the most
fun thing for me to tune. I don't voice or regulate by machine, either.
I do what I do using my whole body as a feedback loop---this is why I
love the work.  It feels good.

David A.